IPC® Financial Markets Network was selected the “Best Sell-Side Trading Network” in Waters Technology’s 5th annual Sell-Side Technology Awards. It is the second time IPC has received this recognition. The Sell-Side Technology Awards recognize the leading technologies and third-party vendors in their area of expertise.
“This award is a testament to the relentless innovation and expansive financial markets community that IPC Systems has built, uniting and empowering an industry,” said Victor Anderson, editor-in-chief of Waters Technology. “The IPC Financial Market Network is a robust, multi-tiered platform that won over the judges in one of the more competitive categories and we’re pleased to present this sell-side award to them.”
“We’re honored to be selected once again as the Best Sell-Side Trading Network by Waters Technology,” said David Brown, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Financial Markets Network, IPC. “IPC continues to strengthen, connect and transform the financial markets by continually advancing our Financial Markets Network through the cloud as well as integrated services for biometric, encryption and blockchain technologies, to name a few. In this, and many other ways, we enable our diverse base of global market participants to gain a competitive advantage.”
The IPC Financial Markets Network portfolio includes Connexus® Extranet, Connexus Ethernet, Connexus WAN, Connexus Voice and Trader Voice services. Additionally, IPC Financial Markets Network enable the following innovative solutions:
- FX Hub – a low latency, co-located performance solution engineered to address the most complex FX trading challenges
- Fixed Income Marketplace – a premier holistic connectivity solution for market participants to trade fixed income instruments electronically or via voice
- Global Exchange Reach – provides exchanges a local presence in a remote region to expand their reach (see related story in this release of INNOVATE)
- Connexus Infrastructure Services – a managed private and hybrid Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) with global availability at premier co-location facilities
- Connexus Chrono – a turnkey clock synchronization and time stamping service engineered to deliver high precision, synchronized and traceable time feeds to global financial market participants.
IPC’s Financial Markets Network provides thousands of sub-ecosystems throughout the trade lifecycle and across multiple asset classes – equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and their derivatives – futures, options, forwards and swaps. It encompasses more than 2,000 sell-side firms including leading investment banks, brokers, dealers, inter-dealer brokers and prime brokers.
Many dealer banks in the Financial Markets Network ecosystem have asset management divisions that cater to institutional and wealthy individual clients. Sell-side firms in the Financial Markets Network community also operate internal hedge funds and take on private equity partnerships as part of their business services.