Compliant communications are made easier to achieve with the launch of IPC’s Connexus® Chrono. This new turnkey clock synchronization and time stamping service is engineered to deliver high precision, synchronized and traceable time feeds to global financial market participants.
“Time accuracy and synchronization are at the heart of regulatory compliance with MiFID II RTS-25 and FINRA Rule 4590 placing strict requirements on the granularity of timestamps and the maximum divergences of the clock they are read from depending on the trading strategy,” said Robert Powell, Director of Compliance, IPC®. “Connexus Chrono has been performance engineered to ensure that market participants are not only in compliance with global regulations around clock-synchronization of trade data but also benefit from enhanced performance visibility, risk mitigation, digital forensics and accurate financial reporting.”
The Connexus Chrono solution is delivered from 10 state-of-the-art facilities in the European Union, North America and leading financial centers in the Asia-Pacific region such as Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore. Accurate, reliable and auditable time feeds are established using atomic clocks and are synchronized to UTC to ensure the same time is available from all Connexus Chrono clocks globally. Connexus Chrono can be delivered at a variety of different levels of accuracy ranging from 1 microsecond to 250 microseconds.
“Clock synchronization and time stamping play a critical role in investor protection and the creation of fair, safe, efficient and transparent markets,” said Anthony J. Perrotta Jr., Chief Executive Officer, TABB Group, an international research and consulting firm focused exclusively on the capital markets. “Market participants leveraging industry-leading solutions will achieve significant business benefits in addition to being able to easily comply with global regulatory requirements while enabling authorities to better monitor markets and trading activity.”
Six Reasons Why Customers Should Want Connexus Chrono
Synchronizing time across the world’s financial market cities with Connexus Chrono can mean benefits for your firm. They are:
- Receive IPC’s synchronized time feed at nearly any data center/colocation facility.
- Colocation is no longer a hard requirement to receive a compliance-suitable time feed, receive a compliance-friendly time feed via Connexus Ethernet (in certain cities).
- Roof access is limited at many of the most popular data centers. IPC offers synchronized time at these centers.
- Dedicated ports – no conflict between customers using shared ports off the clock servers.
- Reduction in CAPEX and TCO – no need to purchase and maintain a costly clocking infrastructure.
- Ability to leverage IPC’s vast financial community across our award-winning global network with industry-leading low latency measures, all backed by stringent Service Level Agreements.
IPC’s Connexus Chrono offering is the latest release in our strategic plan to deliver an innovative and comprehensive suite of products and services related to compliant communications. For more details, contact your IPC account representative.